Integrative Therapeutics Staff
Six Principles for Restoring Gastrointestinal Health
Gastrointestinal (GI) health is at the core of health of the whole person. Without healthy GI function, other systems—the immune system, the skin, the musculoskeletal system, the cardiovascular system—cannot function optimally. Clinical interventions that effectively support GI function have been shown to help maintain and restore wellness and support health.
An optimally functioning digestive system is the cornerstone of good health. In addition to supporting the digestion and absorption of nutrients from the diet, the GI tract protects the body by participating in detoxification and immunological processes. Eating a healthful diet may not necessarily be enough. To insure optimal GI function make sure:
- GI secretions are produced at adequate levels (e.g., hydrochloric acid, pepsin, pancreatic bicarbonate, amylase, lipase, protease, intestinal lactase, sucrase, and maltase).
- The gastric mucosa is protected by appropriate mucin production and microbial defenses.
- Intestinal mucosa maintains integrity for proper absorption of nutrients, as well as to provide a selectively permeable barrier to permit passage of needed nutrients while barring absorption of undesirable substances.
- Stool frequency and composition is predictable and regular. Cell mediators in the colonic mucosa have proper balance and activity.
- Microorganisms in the gut lumen are in proper balance to assure healthy intestinal pH, immune activity, and microbial defenses
- GI motility and peristalsis are regular.
- Hepatic function - assures proper metabolism of dietary lipids and detoxication of xenobiotics and endogenous toxins.
Integrative Therapeutics Six Principles for Restoring Gastrointestinal Health are designed to promote optimal GI function, re-establishing balance for individuals with a diverse range of health concerns.*
Learn more about the Gastrointestinal Restoration Program.
V Clear EPs 7630® Original
V Clear EPs 7630™ is an upper respiratory treatment containing a proprietary, homeopathic preparation of Pelargonium sidoides extract which addresses the underlying cause of symptoms to help speed recovery, and shorten the duration of upper respiratory irritations.
V Clear EPs 7630® Cherry
V Clear EPs 7630® is an upper respiratory treatment containing a proprietary, homeopathic preparation of Pelargonium sidoides extract which addresses the underlying cause of symptoms to help speed recovery, and shorten the duration of upper respiratory irritations.
Active, stabilized ubiquinol in an exclusive, clinically studied delivery system. UBQH™ provides the most active CoQ10, ubiquinol. UBQH™ is designed especially for those individuals whose DNA cannot properly process CoQ10 or those that are experiencing a natural decline in CoQ10 production associated with aging.
EHB (echinacosides, hydrastine, berberine) combines nutrients and herbs in a complex immune formula.*